Armenian Startup Acceleration Project
“Armenian Startup Acceleration Project” (ASAP) is a twelve-month program that aims to bridge Armenian startups to global markets.
The project will activate a vast network of different industry representatives, companies and enterprises, public agencies, NGOs, universities and training centers to ensure the success of the startups.
During twelve-month period ASAP selects and promotes startups with global potential, and calculates “success formula” for each startup to ensure essential resources, skills, networks and markets for success.
Within the Project will be organized four notable events
- Meet and greet
- Selection of top-30 promising startups
- Advisory meeting with established startup leaders
- Boosts startup creation and development
- Mobilizes local and Diaspora sources for funding and institutionalized angel and VC funding
- Utilizes business and academic networks for commercial bridging
- Provides consulting, advocacy and other support to startups
- Connects high-potential startups to global markets
- Works to alleviate business and legal constraints
Sevan Startup Summit
The first non-formal startup event in the region and the first startup tent camp in the world. During the 7 days of the event, startups and investors have a unique opportunity to spend full days together in a non-formal environment where they can share ideas, develop relationships and find partners.
The event was first held on the shores of Lake Sevan in Summer 2016. Best startup teams received $40,000 in form of prizes and investments.
Sevan Startup Summit 2017 will be held from July 24th to 31st and have more than 1000 participants. High profile Business leaders will be attending the event. 70 startups will participate and compete for more than $40,000 prize fund. More than $200,000 will be invested in startups by angel investors and VCs.